Curved Toughened Glass
Toughened curved glass is manufactured through the process of heating, curving, and rapidly cooling the glass, which increases its strength by up to 5 times greater than normal float glass. This allows it to be used in applications specifying safety glazing as well as structural glazing. As with flat toughened glass, if it is broken, curved toughened glass will disintegrate into small relatively harmless pieces which are neither large enough or sharp enough to cause serious injury.
Curved toughened glass is available in versions of most of the range of basic glass products:
- From 4mm – 19mm glass
- All 4mm and 6mm textured / obscured glasses
- Minimum radius curve is 1.1 meters
- Maximum curved glass is 2440mm x 4280mm
- Can bend all types of coated glass such as low-e, soft coat, refrigeration glass
- Curved double and triple glazing available
- Toughened laminated available
- Heat soaking also an option
|PRODUCT SPECIFICATION ON BENT TOUGHENED GLASS|
|Glass Thickness||Maximum Size
Girth v Length
|4mm||2440 x 4280||1.1 metre|
|5mm||2440 x 4280||1.1 metre|
|6mm||2440 x 4280||1.1 metre|
|8mm||2440 x 4280||1.1 metre|
|10mm||2440 x 4280||1.1 metre|
|12mm||2440 x 4280||1.5 metre|
|15mm||2440 x 4280||1.5 metre|
|19mm||2440 x 4280||2.0 metre|
It is important to note that a torerance of +/- half the thickness of the glass to a maximum of 6mm is a requirement of LG Glass & Glazing in accordance with industry standards.
Curved laminated glass is produced by permanently bonding two pieces of curved glass together with an interlayer or resin which acts to hold the glass together in the even of a breakage. It is becoming increasing more popular with architects and specified in many balustrade or canopy applications. Laminated curved glass can be made up of any combination of glasses and is custom-made for each individual project.
- Maximum Dimensions 2440 x 4280
- Glass Thickness 4mm – 19mm
- Minimum radius 1.1 meter
MEASURING CURVED GLASS
- The distance around the outside of a circle is called a circumference. A line drawn completely through a circle is called its diameter while any line extending from the centre of a circle to the circumference is its radius. The radius of a circle will remain the same no matter where in the circle it is measured.
- A circle is also made up of 360 degrees in total and any part of a circle i.e. called its arc, can be described in degrees. For example, 1 quarter of a circle would then consist of 45 degrees whereas half a circle consists of 180 degrees.
- The distance around a particular bend is know as its girth or arc. When measuring this distance it is important a flexible tape is used to give an accurate measurement.
- The chord of a bend is the distance from one point of the bend to the other, when measured across from point to point. To measure the depth of the curve, you take half the distance of the chord and to the top of the curve.
- Finally, the height of the curved glass panel is necessary.
When manufacturing curved glass it is necessary to know the circumference, height, and radius dimensions. We can also determine the radius and circumference if you send us a template or a mould of what is requested. LG Glass & Glazing can further provide the option of a measuring services to all its customers. We operate with a number of teams who are highly skilled in this area.